Office Coordinator - Madison, WI
Provide office support to the organization for functions relating to telephone, reception, administrative duties, mail processing, word-processing, electronic scheduling, staff directories, travel information, database support, and related functions.
1. Provide primary telephone coverage for the main incoming telephone lines.
2. Update and distribute staff phone list.
3. Provide administration for the phone system.
4. Receive and greet guests, vendors, and other WOCCU visitors.
Mail and Courier Services:
1. Distribute incoming mail (internal & external) to staff mailboxes in a timely manner. Update mailboxes as needed.
2. Act as primary resource for outgoing mail (internal & external, USPS and courier).
3. Review, respond and/or forward incoming email inquiries to email@example.com mailbox to appropriate personnel on a daily basis.
4. Track and troubleshoot UPS packages that have exceptions and communicate with UPS to resolve disputes to ensure delivery.
Office Services and Facilities:
1. Ensure all office machines are in good working order. Schedule maintenance or repairs as needed. Replace toner as necessary.
2. Keep WOCCU common areas stocked, clean, and orderly.
3. Schedule "handyman" visits and maintain list of items needing attention.
4. Contact CUNA Mutual Group Facilities for necessary repairs, including bathroom, lighting and temperature issues.
5. Coordinate items going to and coming from the off-site storage and arrange for regular disposal of old files and inventory.
6. Maintain updated inventory of facility items in the off-site storage.
7. Order office supplies, stationary, and shipping materials as needed and submit invoices.
8. Assist with copying and faxing jobs.
9. Provide ongoing maintenance, toner, and meter readings of WOCCU printers/copiers.
10. Empty and clean coffee pots on a daily basis.
11. Coordinate weekly recycling with Security.
12. Communicate with CUNA Mutual Group facilities re: parking and ramp access.
13. Assist with small repairs, installations and modifications to cubicles.
14. Troubleshoot and respond to employee problems regarding security badges
15. Coordinate refrigerator cleaning schedule
16. Prepare work space for new employees and visitors.
17. Provide facility tours and office orientations for new employees.
18. Order business cards and name plates as needed for staff.
19. Assist employees with obtaining parking stickers and security badges.
1. Assist with coordinating various staff meetings.
2. Procure and arrange food/beverage items for staff meetings and other special events.
3. Clean up food following meetings and events.
4. Assist with employee relations activities as needed. (i.e. Popcorn Friday, Cookie exchange, Thanksgiving Potluck, Halloween Event and Summer Picnic).
1. Make recommendations on social media updates to support current business initiatives including identifying content, posting updates, monitor engagement and responding appropriately.
2. Provide utilization reports on each medium.
Website Support: Provide support to Website Developer to include updating web content and other requests as needed.
Other Administrative Duties:
1. Complete word-processing, database updates, and editing assignments.
2. Immediately distribute, save and/or post new or revised travel itineraries from travel agent to the recipients and/or Intranet (WOCCU staff).
3. Update the Intranet calendar with travel itinerary.
4. Maintain accurate procedural manuals on 1) mail processing, 2) courier processing, 3) facility procedures, 4) office services, and 5) other procedures related to this position.
Translations: May assist with document translations either internally or outsourced.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and minimum 2-4 years previous office experience or similar equivalent of education and work experience. Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (email & scheduling) and internet applications. Typing speed of 50 wpm. Previous database experience and accurate data entry skills. Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced working environment. Familiarity with office equipment.
Interpersonal Skills: Must possess initiative; be self-motivated, resourceful, detail oriented, dependable; have high attention to detail.
Language Skills: Excellent written & oral communication skills in English, along with the ability to translate written business documents from English to Spanish and vice versa.
Mathematic Skills: Basic to intermediate addition, subtraction, multiplication and division skills required. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations as well as abstract problem solving ability.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Office 2010 including Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and Contact Management systems/database management, have outstanding social media knowledge and previous experience designing, implementing and reporting on a variety of social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions and working in precarious places.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk, hear, reach with hands and arms; occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job included close and distance vision along with the ability to adjust focus.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management deems necessary.
Forward resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to:
World Council of Credit Unions
Fax: (608) 338-0533
EEO AAP Employer