Conference Specialist - Madison, WI
The Conference Specialist is responsible for providing the online registration system (Cvent) and meeting assistance to the International Meetings Manager. The position entails exposure to proprietary and confidential information requiring tact and sound judgment. 3–5 years of online event registration & previous international meeting planning experience required.
Online Registration & Housing Assistance
- Administer and oversee the online registration process, Cvent, for the World Credit Union Conference. This includes but is not limited to: establishing and maintaining communications with housing and registration provider, spearheading the build of the online registration system, trouble-shooting day-to-day problems and working with the registration vendor to resolve.
- Coordinate hotel inventory.
- Interfacing with accounting to ensure accurate and detailed reporting is taking place.
- Receive and process registration and accommodations requests for the World Credit Union Conference as needed.
- Reconcile registration payments with the accounting department and within the registration system.
- Track weekly registration numbers and statistics and provide regular updates.
- Issue invoices/purchase orders/tax receipts as necessary to attendees and vendors.
- Assist in planning, scheduling and coordination of various services such as shipping, supply orders, hotels, tours, etc. for World Council events.
- Assist with marketing and attendance building initiatives.
- Maintain the conference reports and ensure all necessary information is updated in World Council's central database.
- Travel to national and international venues for on-site program coordination. Facilitate on-site registration process and provide direction to volunteers, as needed.
- Assist with the conference web site build and the updating of new information.
- Coordinate conference evaluations and compile post conference report.
- Coordinate the shipment and mailing of conference related materials to ensure efficient, cost-effective delivery and return of World Council materials and equipment.
- Maintain communication and relationships with conference attendees and fulfill all information requests in a professional, timely manner.
- Write and provide visa letters for conference participants.
- Gather and compile data for inclusion in conference related materials.
Government Affairs Conference
- Oversee from inception to execution the annual Supporters' Reception held in Washington D.C. each year in conjunction with Government Affairs Conference. This includes: securing the venue (embassy); contracting with the caterer and transportation company while ensuring the provided services are within budget; coordinating all logistics and traveling to the event to oversee on-site logistics; and troubleshoot problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Two year Associates degree and 3–5 years of online event registration & previous international meeting planning experience. Proven ability to follow timelines and meet deadlines for program processes from initial program preparation to follow-up and the evaluation process. Experience using discretion while working with confidential and proprietary information and resources.
Language Skills: Intermediate language skills required including the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Fluency in English (read, write, speak) required and a second language preferred. Strong communicator with excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
Mathematic Skills: Intermediate mathematical skills required including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and accounting.
Reasoning Skills: Intermediate reasoning skills required including ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Excellent organizational and work planning skills.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in computer based systems including databases, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook). Proficiency with Cvent software strongly preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions extreme heat and/or cold and working in unusual places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit (occasionally for extended periods of time). The employee is frequently required to talk, hear, reach and stand; rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: None
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
TRAVEL: Up to 30 days per calendar year; domestic and international.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management deems necessary.
Qualified applicants may forward resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to:
World Council of Credit Unions
Fax: (608) 338-0533
EEO AAP Employer