Home > About World Council of Credit Unions > Careers & RFPs
June 19, 2013
About World Council of Credit Unions // Careers & RFPs
Regulation and Supervision Consultants
World Council is actively seeking resumes from consultants interested in short-term, intermittent and part-time assignments relating to credit union risk-based regulation, legislation and supervision worldwide.
Representative assignments and duties could include:
- Provide training to regulators (either government or private sector) in risk-based supervision for credit unions.
- Draft supervisory manuals focused on risk-based supervision.
- Design central finance facility/central liquidity management programs to serve credit unions and their accompanying regulations.
- Design deposit insurance schemes for cooperative financial institutions and their accompanying regulations.
- Draft new legislation or prudential regulations for the credit union sector.
- Analyze current credit union and/or microfinance legislation or regulations, offering suggested improvements to ensure they address the needs and characteristics of cooperative financial institutions.
- 5 or more years experience in credit union legislation, risk-based supervision and/or regulation.
- Demonstrated experience improving the regulation and supervision of cooperative financial institutions, especially in a developing country context; experience with deposit insurance and central liquidity management is desirable.
- Experience implementing donor-funded development activities (UN, World Bank, USAID, Inter-American Development Bank, etc.) is highly desired.
- Fluency in spoken and written English; Spanish or French language skills are highly desired.
- University degree in accounting, business, finance, law or a related field; advanced degree is desirable.
Interested consultants should complete the online application by clicking "Apply Now." If you are unable to access the online application, please send your resume/curriculum vitae and recent salary/daily rate information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
World Council of Credit Unions is an equal opportunity employer.