Home > About World Council of Credit Unions > Careers & RFPs
April 29, 2016
About World Council of Credit Unions // Careers & RFPs
International Meetings Manager - Madison, WI
The International Meetings Manager is responsible for the comprehensive planning, implementation, logistics and follow-up of World Council's conferences and special events on an income-generating basis. The International Meetings Manager coordinates events, facilitates contracting and follow-up on contracted services, negotiates rates for service, manages conference budgets, provides customer information, oversees conference marketing as well as the development of the educational program, coordinates support for internal department needs on-site, manages external consultants and resolves ongoing problems.
Meeting Planning Logistics:
Site Selection: Conduct site selection research, write RFPs, negotiate and facilitate all aspects of site selection for future World Credit Union Conferences. Provide site selection recommendation to World Council CEO.
- Partner Selection and Relationship Management: Identify potential conference DMC and other partners as needed, write RFP, negotiate contracts and facilitate all aspects of the selection and management of all conference suppliers and partners (DMC, general services contractor, etc.).
- Logistics: Plan, schedule and coordinate all aspects (except registration) of the World Credit Union Conference as well as one annual Supporters' Reception, golf outing, Global Women's Leadership Network Forum and Reception and the companion tour program
- Budget Management: Develop and manage conference budget including expenses and conference revenues.
- Contract Negotiations: Negotiate vendor pricing and write conference contracts; assist other World Council departments with contract negotiations as needed.
- Marketing: Oversee and drive conference messaging and marketing plan including multi-lingual approaches.
- Revenue Generation: Oversee and lead vendor and sponsorship sales, manage key relationships and ensure conference reaches targeted revenue goals.
- On-site: Provide on-site management and leadership to ensure the successful execution of the World Credit Union Conference.
- Website Skills: Oversee the building of the conference registration system and conference website.
- Post Conference Wrap-up: Verify final event invoices, coordinate the timely payment and accurate coding with accounting
- Supervise the Conference Specialist, independent contractors and all vendors assisting in the coordination of the World Credit Union Conference.
- Coordinate with local conference hosts on recruiting and managing volunteers for the World Credit Union Conference.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree and 5 years' experience in meeting/hotel/CVB industries. Experience in international business travel and 2+ years supervisory experience. Previous experience with marketing copy or design highly preferred. Three years of global experience in planning and designing conference and/or special events experience for 700–2,500 attendees including negotiations with hotels and other vendors, registration and implementation of attendee and vendor requests, logistics and fiscal responsibility of budget management.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: CMP highly preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position supervises the Conference Specialist.
TRAVEL: Up to 45 days per calendar year; domestic and international.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management deems necessary.
To apply, please forward resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to:
World Council of Credit Unions
Fax: (608) 338-0533
EEO AAP Employer