Home > About World Council of Credit Unions > Careers & RFPs
May 5, 2016
About World Council of Credit Unions // Careers & RFPs
Worldwide Foundation Director - Madison, WI or Washington D.C.
Under the general direction from WF VP, this position is responsible for achieving fundraising goals and increasing the number of supporters by attracting new US and international contributors. The incumbent should be able to clearly convey World Council's mission, vision, goals and achievements as a base to appeal to current and potential contributors.
- Ensure the annual flow of funds necessary for credit union development, partnership support, regional congresses, and operations and contribute to the long-term financial stability of World Council and its programs.
- Achieve supporter contribution targets for World Council including
- Research and identify supporter funding sources
- Establish and implement a supporter contribution strategy to achieve funding targets
- Solicit and mobilize supporter funding to meet fundraising targets
- Record and track supporter funding
- Provide reports, recognition and "thank you" communication to supporter contributors.
- Mobilize jointly with National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF) investments in the NCUF managed International Development Fund (IDF) of the Community Investment Fund (CIF)
- Plan and execute events to attract and recognize supporters including, but not limited to, Government Affair Conference and World Credit Union Conference supporters' reception
- Implement Specific Fundraising Initiatives and Projects including mobilizing contributions specific to disasters, country programs, and special initiatives.
- Manage the World Wide Foundation for Credit Unions
- Be able to clearly convey World Council's mission, vision, goals and results to formulate the appeal for fundraising efforts
- Serve as a staff liaison to selected external fundraising advisors through selected groups and committees (i.e. golf committee, advisory committees)
- Manage budget responsibilities and craft annual work plans for the Foundation
- Promote World Council fundraising programs
- Maintain and update World Wide Foundation section of World Council's website
- In conjunction with Marketing & Communications, manage Client Relationship Management (CRM) system to ascertain timely and accurate communication with existing and potential supporters
- Manage Contributor, Supporter Tracking and Recognition
- Establish and manage a comprehensive program that provides ongoing recognition to supporters, thereby increasing contributions
- In conjunction with Marketing & Corporate Communications, provide insight on design and oversight of marketing and fundraising campaigns to contributors.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Oral Communication
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Listens and gets clarification
- Responds well to questions
- Demonstrates group presentation skills
- Participates in meetings
- Written Communication
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Edits work for spelling and grammar
- Varies writing style to meet needs
- Presents numerical data effectively
- Able to read and interpret written information
- Exhibits confidence in self and others
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others
- Inspires respect and trust
- Accepts feedback from others
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates
- Gives appropriate recognition to others
- Displays passion and optimism
- Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision
- Managing People
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement
- Takes responsibility for subordinates'
- Makes self available to staff
- Provides regular performance feedback
- Develops subordinates'
- Skills and encourages growth
- Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external)
- Fosters quality focus in others
- Improves processes, products and services
- Continually works to improve supervisory skills
- Business Acumen
- Understands business implications of decisions
- Displays orientation to profitability
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition
- Aligns work with strategic goals
- Cost Consciousness
- Works within approved budget
- Develops and implements cost saving measures
- Contributes to profits and revenue
- Conserves organizational resources
- Strategic Thinking
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses
- Analyzes market and competition
- Identifies external threats and opportunities
- Adapts strategy to changing conditions
- Displays willingness to make decisions
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Makes timely decisions
- Approaches others in a tactful manner
- Reacts well under pressure
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Follows through on commitments
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential and political information with diplomacy and tact is essential.
- Peer Relationships
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all
- Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups
- Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise
- Is seen as a team player and is cooperative
- Easily gains trust and support of peers
- Encourages collaboration
- Can be candid with peers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related field. Minimum of five to seven years recent experience in developing and managing fundraising and foundation services. Knowledge of foundation and fundraising regulations. Knowledge of supporter related regulations and standards affecting fundraising activities and community investment funds. Experience working with Credit Union industry preferred.
Fluency in English (read, write and speak) required, Spanish preferred. Proven communications with network contacts, leagues, directors, vendors and volunteers within the credit union movement or related financial institution. High language skills required including the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Intermediate mathematic skills required including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
High level or reasoning skills including the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Can identify critical issues of fundraising and foundation objectives. Has familiarity with and sensitivity to technical and operational aspects of cooperative financial institutions fundraising and investments. Has the ability to respond to politically charged environment as well as ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a high-stress, fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Can re-orient priorities and tasks on sudden notice. Demonstrated aptitude and comfort-level to take on analytical projects on technical subjects. Ability to interface with senior bank and credit union regulators and officials, politicians of varying levels and the media.
Intermediate knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and web applications.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions extreme heat and/or cold and working in unusual places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit (occasionally for extended periods of time). The employee is frequently required to talk, hear, reach and stand; rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Certificates and Licenses
This position supervises a part-time support staff member.
Up to 60 days per calendar year; domestic and international.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management deems necessary.
To be considered, forward resume and cover letter to:
Re: Worldwide Foundation Director
5710 Mineral Point Road
Madison, WI 53705
Fax (608) 338-0533
World Council of Credit Unions is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.