Inicio > Sobre Consejo Mundial de Cooperativas de Ahorro y Crédito > Desarrollo Profesional
May 1, 2016
Sobre Consejo Mundial de Cooperativas de Ahorro y Crédito // Desarrollo Profesional
Regulation and Supervision Consultants
WOCCU is actively seeking resumes from consultants interested in short term, intermittent and part time assignments relating to credit union risk-based regulation, legislation and supervision worldwide.
Representative assignments and duties could include:
- Provide training to regulators (either government or private sector) in risk-based supervision for credit unions
- Draft supervisory manuals focused on risk-based supervision
- Design central finance facility/central liquidity management programs to serve credit unions and their accompanying regulations
- Design deposit insurance schemes for cooperative financial institutions and their accompanying regulations
- Draft new legislation or prudential regulations for the credit union sector
- Analyze current credit union and/or microfinance legislation or regulations, offering suggested improvements to ensure they address the needs and characteristics of cooperative financial institutions
- Five or more years experience in credit union legislation, risk-based supervision and/or regulation
- Demonstrated experience improving the regulation and supervision of cooperative financial institutions, especially in a developing country context; experience with deposit insurance and central liquidity management is desirable
- Experience implementing donor-funded development activities (UN, World Bank, USAID, Inter-American Development Bank, etc.) is highly desired
- Fluency in spoken and written English; Spanish or French language skills are highly desired
- University degree in accounting, business, finance, law or a related field; advanced degree is desirable.
Interested consultants should submit a CV including three references (with telephone numbers and email addresses) to HR@woccu.org.