For 40 years on behalf of its members World Council:
Advocates internationally to achieve a better legislative and regulatory outcome for credit unions and their members.
Provides education and global networking for the exchange of information and ideas.
Champions the credit union and cooperative financial institution model worldwide.
Grows and strengthens the credit union system with technical assistance, training and tools for management, outreach and networking.
Our members and their affiliates in nearly 90 countries enjoy the following benefits:
- Become a part of the international credit union network and receive public recognition as a member
- A voice and a vote at the annual general meeting
- Eligibility for representation on the board of directors
- Training, education and specialized networking opportunities, such as:
International Partnerships Program
WYCUP young professionals
CEO Advisory session
Future Forum session
- Discount registration to the World Credit Union Conference attended by over 1,500 people from 40+ countries
- Access to exclusive online resources:
International Credit Union Day media kit
Model law & regulations
CU World magazine
- Preferred access to our experts including legislative consultations and position support letters
- Leadership/executive visits from World Council
- A dedicated relationship manager
- Use of World Council proprietary hands and globe image
- Free subscription to members-only newsletter and other news resources
- Technical assistance through donor-funded international development programs
- Payment solutions through World Council Services Group