The International Credit Union Regulators’ Network (ICURN) was formed in 2007 during the 5th annual Credit Union Regulators’ Roundtable that took place in Calgary, Canada. The purpose of the Network is to share information and ideas on topics of common interest among credit unions and financial cooperative supervisors and to undertake research on specific issues or topics related to financial cooperatives and their oversight.
Membership in the ICURN is open to all entities that have statutory supervisory authority for credit unions and financial cooperatives in their respective jurisdictions. The annual ICURN membership fee is US$250 per organization for credit union supervisory entities in jurisdictions with combined credit union assets of US$1 billion or more, and US$100 for entities in jurisdictions with less than US$1 billion in credit union assets.
A steering committee of representatives from several regions across the world leads the Network and WOCCU serves as the Secretariat. The steering committee’s role is to help coordinate the network and to assist WOCCU in organizing the annual Regulators’ Roundtable.
The steering committee representatives serving the 2011 - 2012 term are:
- Africa: Carilus Ademba, SACCO Societies Regulatory Authority, Kenya
- Asia: Singam Karuppasamy, Reserve Bank of India, India
- Europe: Wictor Kaminski, National Association of Cooperative Savings and Credit Unions, Poland
- Latin America/Caribbean: Jose Angelo Mazzillo Júnior, Central Bank of Brazil
- North America: Andy Poprawa, Deposit Insurance Corporation of Ontario, Canada
Gigi Hyland, National Credit Union Administration, USA
Mary Martha Fortney, National Association of State Credit Union Supervisors, USA
- Oceania: Brandon Khoo, Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority, Australia
Economic trends have shown us all the importance of sound financial practices and effective regulatory oversight. By joining ICURN, you can invest in the future of safe financial practices not only for the
cooperatives you serve in your own country, but for those serving members worldwide. To download the ICURN application form click here.