World Council's Young Credit Union People Program
World Council's Young Credit Union People Program (WYCUP) is an annual scholarship program established in 2001 that is designed to engage and promote the next generation of credit union professionals and volunteers in the international credit union movement.
The program encourages the nomination of individuals age 35 and younger who have made a significant contribution within their own credit union or credit union organization. Nominating organizations sponsor their WYCUP nominees' attendance to World Council's 2014 World Credit Union Conference in Gold Coast, Australia, where the scholarship is awarded.
- Be 35 years of age or younger on January 1, 2014.
- Demonstrate personal commitment and the ability to significantly influence credit unions in their country.
- Exhibit the potential to advance the national or international credit union system.
- Be actively involved either as an employee or board member with a credit union or credit union organization affiliated with World Council.
- Attend the World Credit Union Conference in Gold Coast, Australia, July 27-30, including the WYCUP networking session on Sunday, July 27. Registration and travel expenses must be paid by a sponsoring credit union(s) or credit union organization(s).
- Not have been a previous WYCUP Scholarship recipient.
- Not be a World Council employee.
WYCUP Scholarship: Applications Accepted by Monday, June 16, 2014, 11:59 pm CST
The WYCUP scholarship is awarded annually to five outstanding nominees whose skills and accomplishments have already made a significant impact within their own credit union system—locally, regionally or nationally. The individuals selected for the scholarship are those the committee believes to have the greatest potential to contribute to the international credit union system.
The 14th annual WYCUP scholarship will be awarded to five recipients at the 2014 World Credit Union Conference in Gold Coast, Australia, July 27–30, for attendance to the 2015 World Credit Union Conference in the United States. The scholarship covers all associated costs, including registration fee, travel, hotel accommodations and expenses.
An eligible nomination for the WYCUP scholarship includes these five elements:
- A two-page nomination form (attached) completed by the nominee and sponsor.
- Proof of age (e.g., photocopy of passport, driver's license, birth certificate or other official document).
- A brief essay of 300 words or less written by the nominee that describes contributions made to the development of their credit union or credit union organization.
- A three-minute video of the nominee describing why they are passionate about working in the credit union industry. The video will be evaluated based on the ideas presented, not the video quality. Nominees must upload their videos to YouTube and submit the link.
- Proof of registration for the World Credit Union Conference.
2014 WYCUP Nomination Form (coming soon)
2013 WYCUP Schedule
Photos from the 2013 WYCUP in Ottawa, Canada
Photos from the 2012 WYCUP in Gdansk, Poland
Photos from the 2011 WYCUP in Glasgow, Scotland
For more information, contact:
Lili Tangwall, Tel. +1-608-395-2043, email@example.com