World Council Young Credit Union People
View the WYCUP nomination criteria/brochure and nomination form
The WYCUP program is an annual scholarship and event to promote and
engage the next generation of credit union leaders in the international
credit union movement. The scholarship is awarded to five outstanding
nominees who have made significant contributions to their credit union
systems and have the potential to make a global credit union impact.
The 2015 WYCUP scholarship will be awarded at the World Credit Union Conference
in Denver, USA, July 12–15, for an all-expense-paid
attendance at the 2016 World Credit Union Conference in Ireland.
Why you should be a WYCUP nominee?
You are 35 or younger, you are passionate about credit unions and you
have made a difference in your community. Join a tight-knit group of
young credit union leaders from around the world to learn about the
phenomenal work they do and share your own experience during the WYCUP program in Denver.
Why your organization should sponsor you?
By attending the World Credit Union Conference, not only will you learn
new concepts and practices from the educational sessions, but you will
have the opportunity to meet other young professionals and exchange
knowledge about the most critical issues facing credit unions around the
world. Credit unions want to invest in their future—and that means
investing in young leaders like you.
- Be 35 years of age or younger on January 1, 2015.
- Demonstrate leadership, personal commitment and the potential to
significantly influence credit unions in and outside their country.
- Be actively involved as an employee or volunteer of a credit
union or credit union organization affiliated with World Council.
- Attend the World Credit Union Conference on July 12-15, 2015, in
Denver, USA, including the WYCUP Program. Registration and travel expenses must be paid by a sponsoring
credit union or credit union organization.
- Not have been a previous WYCUP scholarship recipient.
- Not be a World Council employee.
WYCUP scholarship applications accepted by 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday, June 1, 2015.
Eligible nominations for the WYCUP scholarship include these elements:
- A nomination form completed by the nominee and sponsor.
- Proof of age (e.g., copy of passport, driver's license, birth certificate or other official document).
- A brief essay of 300 words or less written by the nominee that
describes contributions made to advance their credit union or credit
- A three-minute video of the nominee describing why they are
passionate about working with credit unions. The video will be evaluated
based on the ideas presented, not the video quality. Nominees must
upload their videos to YouTube and submit the link. Click here to watch
videos made by past WYCUP scholarship winners.
- Proof of registration for the 2015 World Credit Union Conference.
Nomination materials should be submitted to email@example.com. All nomination materials become the property of World Council and will not be returned.
World Council's WYCUP awards committee reviews all nominations and
selects five scholarship winners based on the following criteria:
- Nominee has demonstrated leadership.
- Personal commitment and the potential to significantly influence credit unions in and outside their country.
- Contributions made to advance their credit union or credit union organization.
- Sponsor's reasons for supporting the nominee.
The five winners of the 2015 WYCUP Scholarship Program will be announced
during the awards ceremony at the 2015 World Credit Union Conference. The 2015 WYCUP
scholarship is an all-expense-paid trip, including conference
registration fee, travel costs, hotel accommodations and meals, to
attend the 2016 World Credit Union Conference in Ireland.
View the 2014 WYCUP presentations here:
Caroline Domanski, Deputy CEO, No1 CopperPot Credit Union, United Kingdom
Jenn Vandehaar, Vice President Operations, Healthcare & Municipal Employees Credit Union, Canada
Christopher Morris, Communications Director, National Credit Union Foundation, USA
Ben Janzen, Stewardship in Action Advisor, Mennonite Savings & Credit Union, Canada
Check out this video by WYCUP particpants from Servus Credit Union in Canada
See who won the WYCUP scholarship in the past
View the schedule for the 2015 WYCUP Program in Denver, USA
Browse photos from the 2014 WYCUP Program in Gold Coast, Australia
Connect with WYCUP participants via the World Cooperative Young Leaders LinkedIn Group
For more information, contact Lili Tangwall at +1-608-395-2043 or firstname.lastname@example.org.