Home > Get Involved > WYCUP > Judging Criteria
May 18, 2013
WYCUP // Judging Criteria
To be considered eligible for the WYCUP Scholarship, individuals must:
- Be 35 years of age or younger on Jan. 1, 2013.
- Demonstrate personal commitment and the ability to significantly influence credit unions in their country.
- Exhibit potential to advance the national or international credit union system.
- Be actively involved as an employee or board member with a credit union or credit union organization affiliated with World Council.
- Attend the World Credit Union Conference on July 14-17, 2013, in Ottawa, Canada, including the WYCUP networking session on Sunday, July 14. Registration and travel expenses must be paid by a sponsoring credit union(s) or credit union organization(s).
- Not have been a previous WYCUP scholarship recipient.
- Not be a World Council employee.
Submitting a Nomination
Nominations for the WYCUP scholarship must be received by no later than Monday, June 3, 2013.
An eligible nomination for the WYCUP scholarship includes these five elements:
- A two-page nomination form (attached) completed by the nominee and sponsor.
- Proof of age (e.g., photocopy of passport, driver's license, birth certificate or other official document).
- A brief essay of 300 words or less written by the nominee that describes contributions made to the development of their credit union or credit union organization.
- A three-minute video of the nominee describing why they are passionate about working in the credit union industry. The video will be evaluated based on the ideas presented, not the video quality. Nominees must upload their videos to YouTube and submit the link. The video will be shared with the awards committee and fellow nominees.
- Proof of registration for the 2013 World Credit Union Conference.
All nomination materials become the property of World Council and will not be returned.
World Council's WYCUP awards committee reviews all nominations and selects five scholarship winners based on their personal commitment to advance the global credit union system.
The following criteria will be taken into consideration by the judges when considering the WYCUP applications:
- Nominee has demonstrated leadership
- Sponsor's reasons for supporting the nominee
- Contribution to the development of their credit union or credit union organization
- Potential to contribute to both national and international CU movement
The five winners of the 2013 WYCUP Scholarship Program will be announced during the awards ceremony at the World Credit Union Conference on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 from 5:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
The WYCUP scholarship is an ll-expense-paid trip, including conference
registration fee, travel costs, hotel accommodations and meals, to ttend
the 2014 World Credit Union Conference in Australia. The 2013 WYCUP
scholarships will be awarded at he World Credit Union Conference in
Ottawa, Canada, July 14-17, 2013.