"WOCCU plays a fundamental role in promoting financial cooperatives through its international advocacy and collective voice for credit unions in regulatory forums."
Those words from Louise Petschler, CEO, Abacus - Australian Mutuals,
indicate one of the benefits of membership with World Council of Credit Unions: advocacy support.
World Council represents its member countries before their governments,
regulators and in front of international organizations such as the Bank
for International Settlements and the European Union.
Your World Council membership will grant you:
- Advocacy support with local authorities to improve your country's legislative and regulatory framework.
- Recognition as part of World Council's quality network, including use of its logo, flag and listings in publications and on websites.
- Voting seat at the general assembly and an opportunity to be elected to the board of directors.
- Free access and annual updates to PEARLS, World Council's internationally accepted, proprietary financial monitoring software.
- Periodic consultations from World Council.
- Networking opportunities through working committees.
- Access to International Partnerships and World Council Young Credit Union People (WYCUP) programs.
- Free subscriptions and access to publications, products and services.
- Discounted pricing for international meetings hosted by World Council.
- Access to member-only regional workshops.