Download WYCUP/EL presentaions here:
Caroline Domanski, Deputy CEO, No1 CopperPot Credit Union, United Kingdom
Jenn Vandehaar, Vice President Operations, Healthcare & Municipal Employees Credit Union, Canada
Christopher Morris, Communications Director, National Credit Union Foundation, USA
Ben Janzen, Stewardship in Action Advisor, Mennonite Savings & Credit Union, Canada
World Council Young Credit Union People
Download the WYCUP nomination criteria and nomination form
The WYCUP program is an annual scholarship and event to promote and engage the next generation of credit union leaders in the international credit union movement. The scholarship is awarded to five outstanding nominees who have made significant contributions to their credit union systems and have the potential to make a global credit union impact.
The 2014 WYCUP scholarship will be awarded at the World Credit Union Conference in Gold Coast, Australia, July 27–30, for an all-expense-paid attendance at the 2015 World Credit Union Conference in Denver, USA.
Why you should be a WYCUP nominee?
You are 35 or younger, you are passionate about credit unions and you have made a difference in your community. Join a tight-knit group of young credit union leaders from around the world to learn about the phenomenal work they are doing and share your own experience during the WYCUP/Emerging Leaders program in Australia.
Why your organization should sponsor you?
By attending the World Credit Union Conference, not only will you learn new concepts and practices from the educational sessions, but you will have the opportunity to meet other young professionals and exchange knowledge about the most critical issues facing credit unions around the world. Credit unions want to invest in their future — and that means investing in young leaders like you.
- Be 35 years of age or younger on January 1, 2014.
- Demonstrate leadership, personal commitment and the potential to
significantly influence credit unions in and outside their country.
- Be actively involved as an employee or volunteer of a credit
union or credit union organization affiliated with World Council.
- Attend the World Credit Union Conference on July 27–30, 2014, in
Gold Coast, Australia, including the WYCUP/Emerging Leader Program. Registration and travel expenses must be paid by a sponsoring
credit union or credit union organization.
- Not have been a previous WYCUP scholarship recipient.
- Not be a World Council employee.
WYCUP scholarship applications accepted by 11:59 p.m. CDT on Monday, June 16, 2014.
Eligible nominations for the WYCUP scholarship include these elements:
- A nomination form completed by the nominee and sponsor.
- Proof of age (e.g., copy of passport, driver's license, birth certificate or other official document).
- A brief essay of 300 words or less written by the nominee that
describes contributions made to advance their credit union or credit
- A three-minute video of the nominee describing why they are
passionate about working with credit unions. The video will be evaluated
based on the ideas presented, not the video quality. Nominees must
upload their videos to YouTube and submit the link. Click here to watch
videos made by past WYCUP scholarship winners.
- Proof of registration for the 2014 World Credit Union Conference.
Nomination materials should be submitted to email@example.com. All nomination materials become the property of World Council and will not be returned.
World Council's WYCUP awards committee reviews all nominations and
selects five scholarship winners based on the following criteria:
- Nominee has demonstrated leadership.
- Personal commitment and the potential to significantly influence credit unions in and outside their country.
- Contributions made to advance their credit union or credit union organization.
- Sponsor's reasons for supporting the nominee.
The five winners of the 2014 WYCUP Scholarship Program will be announced
during the awards ceremony at the World Credit Union Conference on
Wednesday, July 30, 2014.
The 2014 WYCUP
scholarship is an all-expense-paid trip, including conference
registration fee, travel costs, hotel accommodations and meals, to
attend the 2015 World Credit Union Conference in Denver, USA.
See who won the WYCUP scholarship in the past
View the schedule for the 2014 WYCUP/Emerging Leaders Program in Gold Coast, Australia
Browse photos from the 2013 WYCUP Program in Ottawa, Canada
Connect with WYCUP participants via the World Cooperative Young Leaders LinkedIn Group
For more information, contact Lili Tangwall at +1-608-395-2043 or firstname.lastname@example.org.