Chief of Party - Burkina Faso
World Council of Credit Unions seeks an experienced Chief of Party for the anticipated project in Burkina Faso. The overall objective of the project is to provide technical assistance to credit unions to expand their agricultural loan program. The program will assess value chains, develop appropriate agricultural financing mechanisms and build local capacity. Duties will include:
Overall program direction and management of the project including financial and staff management.
- Principle liaison with implementing partners, donor and Government of Burkina Faso counterparts on all matters related to the program.
- Responsible for ensuring that program activities are delivered on time and within budget, in a quality manner, while providing technical leadership.
- Ensure project performance, compliance with contractual obligations, and results reporting in regular communication and contact with World Council staff in the field and in headquarters.
- Prepare annual work plans and progress reports, and monitor the implementation of these plans. Prepare and submit quarterly reports on progress of activities and achievement of program results to World Council and donor.
- Participate in regular field visits to the project areas to assure project progress towards activity objectives and goals.
- Ensure efficient management of financial resources, including the review and approval of program budgets and monitoring of expenditures.
Education: Bachelor's degree in finance, business, development finance, agricultural economics or related subject matter, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience on international development projects focused on agricultural finance, value chain, financial access and credit unions/SACCOs preferred.
- Proven track record in managing and coordinating complex financial/agricultural outreach projects for international donors.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders including local governments and international donors.
- Experience working in West Africa, Burkina Faso preferred. Experience working in rural areas or with vulnerable sectors of the population preferred. Understanding of the socio-economic, geographic and demographic conditions of the communities in which partner credit unions serve and/or are located
- English and French fluency required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
Interested consultants should provide a copy of their resume/curriculum vitae, including recent salary/daily rate information for similar assignments to firstname.lastname@example.org.