Home > Get Involved > Young Credit Union People > Judging Criteria
December 1, 2015
Young Credit Union People // Judging Criteria
To be eligible for the WYCUP scholarship, individuals must:
- Be 35 years of age or younger on January 1, 2014.
- Demonstrate leadership, personal commitment and the potential to significantly influence credit unions in and outside their country.
- Be actively involved as an employee or board member of a credit union or credit union organization affiliated with World Council.
- Attend the World Credit Union Conference on July 27-30, 2014, in Gold Coast, Australia, including the WYCUP networking session on Sunday, July 27. Registration and travel expenses must be paid by a sponsoring credit union or credit union organization.
- Not have been a previous WYCUP scholarship recipient.
- Not be a World Council employee.
Submitting a Nomination
Nominations for the WYCUP scholarship must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, June 16, 2014.
An eligible nomination for the WYCUP scholarship includes these five elements:
- A nomination form completed by the nominee and sponsor.
- Proof of age (e.g., copy of passport, driver's license, birth certificate or other official document).
- A brief essay of 300 words or less written by the nominee that describes contributions made to advance their credit union or credit union organization.
- A three-minute video of the nominee describing why they are passionate about working with credit unions. The video will be evaluated based on the ideas presented, not the video quality. Nominees must upload their videos to YouTube and submit the link. Click here to watch past WYCUP scholarship winners’ videos.
- Proof of registration for the 2013 World Credit Union Conference.
All nomination materials become the property of World Council and will not be returned.
World Council's WYCUP awards committee reviews all nominations and selects five scholarship winners based on the following criteria:
- Nominee has demonstrated leadership
- Personal commitment and the potential to significantly influence credit unions in and outside their country.
- Contributions made to advance their credit union or credit union organization.
- Sponsor's reasons for supporting the nominee
The five winners of the 2013 WYCUP Scholarship Program will be announced during the awards ceremony at the World Credit Union Conference on Wednesday, July 30, 2014.
The WYCUP scholarship is an ll-expense-paid trip, including conference
registration fee, travel costs, hotel accommodations and meals, to ttend
the 2014 World Credit Union Conference in Australia. The 2014 WYCUP scholarship is an all-expense-paid trip, including conference registration fee, travel costs, hotel accommodations and meals, to attend the 2015 World Credit Union Conference in Denver, USA.