World Council offers multiple Immersion Programs throughout the year. Each of these international exchanges has a unique thematic focus - exploring operations, innovative strategies and creative solutions to the shared challenges facing credit unions and financial cooperatives around the world.
A Unique Opportunity for Hosting Organizations
In preparation for each program, World Council works with its members in the region to identify credit union organizations with noteworthy experiences to highlight and a willingness to engage. Participating organizations are recognized for their leadership as they welcome an international delegation during a ½ day facilitated exchange. Staff at the hosting organizations share presentations on relevant operations and impactful initiatives - a unique professional development opportunity that exposes credit union employees to insightful perspectives.
The typical agenda for Immersion Programs includes visits, presentations and facilitated discussions with several credit union organizations over a four-day period. Participants gain first-hand exposure to strategies, perspectives and experiences relevant to the shared challenges facing the industry, including:
- The digitalization of credit unions and impact of technology on service and operations
- Retail trends and the member experience
- Initiatives for credit union collaboration and partnerships with fintech
- Cybersecurity – process, risk analysis and mitigation
- Financial education and corporate social responsibility
- Core banking systems, mobile platforms and strategies for a successful migration
- Youth leadership development
- Small credit union sustainability
The registration fee for Immersion Program participants covers hotel accommodations throughout the agenda, local transportation and some meals. Interpretation services are provided when necessary and a World Council representative accompanies the delegation to facilitate the exchange and coordinate local logistics.
Personalized Immersion Programs – Professional Development without BordersTell us where you want to go and what you would like to explore! World Council will create a personalized Immersion Program that matches your specific interests. Personalized programs are a valuable tool for team building and strategic planning, ideal for board members and senior management of a single credit union or representatives from several credit unions connected through their membership in a league, association or national federation.
- Gain global perspectives, cultivate solidarity and re-energize your commitment to the cooperative philosophy
- Explore collaborative efforts and unique initiatives in other countries that will generate ideas and strengthen your strategic planning discussions
- Expand awareness of the financial challenges facing communities around the world and see first-hand how credit unions are making a difference
- Create a powerful incentive program that combines a learning exchange with opportunities to visit exceptional sites of cultural or natural significance