Nominations Open for World Council Young Credit Union Professionals Scholarship
Winners to be presented at 2019 World Credit Union Conference in the Bahamas
January 08, 2019
MADISON, Wis. — World Council of Credit Unions seeks nominations from its member organizations for the World Council Young Credit Union Professionals (WYCUP) scholarship program, an international networking and educational opportunity for emerging credit union leaders. Nominations are due May 31, 2019. Scholarship awards and the WYCUP program will take place at the 2019 World Credit Union Conference (WCUC), July 28-31, 2019, in the Bahamas. The WYCUP program, as part of the Diversity & Inclusion conference track, is dedicated to advancing young leaders worldwide and leverages opportunities presented by the WCUC to promote professional development throughout the conference week. Up to five recipients will be awarded WYCUP scholarships for an all-expense-paid trip to the 2020 World Credit Union Conference.
"We’re excited to continue the momentum through the WYCUP program and the Diversity & Inclusion track, empowering young credit union leaders, providing professional value while strengthening a culture of continuous learning," said Paul Treinen, World Council COO.
To be eligible for the scholarship, nominees must:
- Be 35 years of age or younger on January 1, 2019
- Demonstrate leadership, personal commitment and the potential to significantly influence credit unions or financial cooperatives in or outside their country
- Be actively involved as an employee or volunteer with a credit union or other financial cooperative affiliated with World Council. World Council membersinclude organizations affiliated with any national organization belonging to World Council.
- Actively participate in the World Credit Union Conference in the Bahamas, including the Diversity & Inclusion conference track. The 2019 WCUC registration and travel expenses must be paid by a sponsoring credit union or credit union organization.
- Not have been a previous WYCUP scholarship recipient
- Not be a current World Council employee
WCUC registrants age 35 and younger qualify for a discounted registration fee and can participate in all sessions, regardless of whether or not they apply for the scholarship.
World Council of Credit Unions is the global trade association and development platform for credit unions. World Council promotes the sustainable development of credit unions and other financial cooperatives around the world to empower people through access to high quality and affordable financial services. World Council advocates on behalf of the global credit union system before international organizations and works with national governments to improve legislation and regulation. Its technical assistance programs introduce new tools and technologies to strengthen credit unions' financial performance and increase their outreach.
World Council has implemented 300+ technical assistance programs in 89 countries. Worldwide, 89,026 credit unions in 117 countries serve 260 million people. Learn more about World Council's impact around the world at www.woccu.org.