Social Media Manager - Madison, WI
Under general direction of the VP, Operations, this position is primarily responsible for managing World Council's social media presence to include Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Spearhead development and execution of a unified, coordinated company-wide social media strategy, working with internal teams and World Council leadership.
- Organizes and orchestrates internal and external resources to achieve desired social media impact for World Council.
- With support from Senior Management, develop and maintain a member-facing component of social media communications for World Council to support Member Services Work Plan strategy and goals.
- Develop and implement online communications (including social media platforms, web site and blog updates) related to World Council advocacy efforts, World Council products and services, World Credit Union Conference, and member communications. Stay abreast of trends and development in social media engagement and recommend new approaches, tools, reporting and practices.
- Develop weekly drafts of scheduled outreach based on monitoring external sources and/or internal analysis. Track social media results and World Council's social media presence.
- Coordinate the production of CU World magazine. Support World Council webpages while maintaining cohesive look to the web site. Create quality web content, formatting and features and provide quality control for website. Source and format photos for web and publications.
- Manage and oversee maintenance and improvement of World Council's organization-wide database (CRM) for use as a relationship management and marketing tool. Act as a resource for other staff. Keep records accurate and up-to-date, research further development and coordinate with the World Council web team to direct changes in structure as necessary.
- Other Duties: Monitor and internally post/share World Council coverage in credit union trade and mainstream press. Upload videos to YouTube as needed. Maintain and update World Council general PowerPoint presentations supportive of speeches for executives and other staff. Complete other communications-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: BA/BS degree in International Studies, Development, Marketing or Communications. One year of professional experience in marketing, customer service or administrative office work.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
Language Skills: Intermediate language skills required including the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Fluent in English required and Spanish preferred(read, write and speak). Excellent grammar, editing and writing skills.
Mathematical Skills: Basic mathematical skills required including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Skills: Intermediate reasoning skills required including the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Flexible and able to adjust to changing conditions and circumstances. A self-starter, capable of working independently and solve problems. Strong organizational and work planning ability with ability to manage multiple projects at once in deadline-driven environment.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in computer-based systems including databases, various Internet browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat (e.g., editing documents and creating forms). Basic knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and HTML preferred. Thorough knowledge of Facebook, including Facebook Insights, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Analytics, and social media widgets also required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions extreme heat and/or cold and working in unusual places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit (occasionally for extended periods of time). The employee is frequently required to talk, hear, reach and stand; rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
This position may supervise temporary staff for CRM updates or other projects.
Up to 20 days per calendar year; domestic and international.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management deems necessary.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by forwarding resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to:
World Council of Credit Unions-Human Resources
EEO AAP Employer