Director - Kenya Union of Savings & Credit Co-operatives Ltd. (KUSCCO)
George Ototo is the Managing Director of Kenya Union of Savings & Credit Co-operatives Ltd. (KUSCCO), a post he has held since 2010.
Ototo joined the World Council Board of Directors in 2016.
Ototo has been awarded a State Commendation in the category of the “Moran of the Order of the Burning Spear (MBS)” for his development of SACCOs/Credit Unions in Kenya. He holds an MBA degree in Finance, a BA in Mathematics and Economics and is a Certified Public Accountant. He is also a Bachelor of Law Degree (LLB) finalist at The University of Nairobi.
Additionally, he has served as Board Member for the following organizations:
- International Raiffeisen Union (IRU);
- African Confederation of Cooperative Savings & Credit Associations (ACCOSCA);
- Co-operative University of Kenya;
- Institute of Risk Management;
- Association for Kenya Credit Providers (AKCP);
- Kilele SACCO.
Has in the past volunteered in Ukraine to assist Credit Unions and Uganda to revive the Ugandan Credit Union Federation (UCUSCU).