Coronavirus precautions are being taken for the World Moving conference, scheduled for July 19-22 in Los Angeles.
Current as of March 13, 2020 from World Council and Credit Union National Association (CUNA - United States)
With the World Moving conference scheduled to take place July 19-22 in Los Angeles, California, USA, World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU) and Credit Union National Association (CUNA) would like to share planning updates related to coronavirus (COVID-19). At this time, we plan to host the conference as scheduled.
Your health, safety and welfare are our highest priority, and we continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
We remain confident that we can deliver a high-quality event that will exceed your expectations.
We are monitoring the situation daily and are having conversations with the Los Angeles Convention Center and Los Angeles Tourism Board to put forth policies and precautions for eliminating as much risk as we can.
We will be implementing the following sanitary, health and safety measures in collaboration with LA Convention Center (LACC):
- Doubling the number of hand-sanitizing stations throughout public areas and within cafés.
- Cleaning staff uses disinfecting electrostatic sprayers in high-traffic areas. This nightly process uses hospital-grade disinfecting solution that blankets and cures onto surfaces.
- Eliminating use of microfiber cleaning clothes in public areas and, instead have implemented single-use disinfecting cleaning cloths exclusively in all high-touch areas and kitchen/café locations.
- Daily and frequent attention to high-touch areas, including doorknobs, lecterns, light switches, escalator rails, trash receptacles, elevator buttons, water stations, and bathroom areas.
- Daily cleaning and sanitation of carpet and floor covering in public areas.
- Continue using cleaning products that are on the EPA’s emerging viral pathogen guidance list that are effective, industrial grade while still being consistent with the Green Cleaning Policy for LEED Buildings.
- Employ a team of medical professionals onsite.
- Eliminating self-serve buffet lines.
- We are exploring a recorded option for those who are unable to travel. Watch our website for more information.
- Working to gather information for preventative measures and on-site actions to include in our attendee messaging and our event app; we will include a new section in our app related to these topics.
- Strongly encourage a no handshake policy throughout the event.
We are also continuously monitoring and following the recommendations of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a United States federal agency under the Department of Health and Human Services.
Registration for the conference is refundable (minus a $100 fee) until June 5, 2020, and hotels can be cancelled up until 72 hours prior to arrival. We also always recommend travel insurance for flights.
You can find additional information about COVID-19 at the provided resources below.