Credit Union National Association (CUNA), World Council's direct member organization in the United States, has announced WOCCU Board Director Diana Dykstra will serve on its newly formed Credit Union System COVID-19 Restart and Recovery Task Force.
Dykstra, who serves as WOCCU Board Treasurer and Chair of the Audit & Risk Management Committee, is also President and CEO of the California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues.
CUNA's new task force brings together representatives from the three-tiered system of credit unions, state leagues and CUNA, along with system providers and affiliated organizations, to discuss strategies, resources and best practices for credit unions as state and local governments begin to lift stay home orders and ease safety restrictions on business operations established in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The credit union system COVID-19 Restart and Recovery Task Force is intended to act as an indispensable resource and partner to the credit union movement as stakeholders balance member needs and staff well-being moving forward,” said CUNA Chief Engagement Officer Greg Michlig. “As a leader in the credit union movement, CUNA’s goal is to bring togeher these leaders for dialogue that will equip the movement with the knowledge and tools needed to safely navigate this new and evolving environment.”
The task force will focus on operational matters, provide guidance and strategies for credit unions as they restart paused business lines and recover from the negative impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
With representation from all service aspects of the credit union system, the full participant list includes:
- Jim Nussle, CUNA President/CEO
- Greg Michlig, CUNA Chief Engagement Officer
- Troy Stang, President/CEO, Northwest Credit Union Association (NWCUA), CUNA Board Chair
- Paul Marsh, Teachers CU President/CEO, National Credit Union Roundtable Advisory Council Chair
- Lori Herrick, CEO, Manchester Municipal FCU, CUNA Small Credit Union Committee Chair
- Tim Anderson, President/CEO, United States Senate FCU
- Mary Madden, President/CEO, Hudson Valley FCU
- Lily Newfarmer, President/CEO, Tarrant County’s CU
- Sterling Nielsen, President/CEO, Mountain America CU
- Sam Whitehurst, President/CEO, Summit CU
- Brad Miller, Executive Director, American Association of Credit Union Leagues (AACUL)
- Diana Dykstra, President/CEO, California & Nevada Credit Union Leagues (CCUL), AACUL Chair
- Tracie Kenyon, President/CEO, Montana Credit Union League (MCUL)
- Jared Ross, President, League of Southeastern Credit Unions (LSC)
- Murray Williams, President/CEO, Iowa Credit Union League (ICUL)
- Gigi Hyland, Executive Director, National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF)
- Rob Purtell, SVP, Sales, CUNA Mutual Group
- Mark Meyer, President/CEO, Filene Research Institute
- Gail Tofil, SVP, Client Experience, CO-OP Financial Services
- Tony Boutelle, President/CEO, Origence
- Merry Pateuk, SVP, Industry Engagement, PSCU
- Ryan Donovan, CUNA Chief Advocacy Officer
- Jessica Hrubes, CUNA VP, Strategic Credit Union Relations
- Jill Tomalin, CUNA Chief Operating Officer
- Todd Spiczenski, CUNA Chief Products & Services Officer
- Jared Ihrig, CUNA Chief Compliance Officer
- Susan Parisi, CUNA Chief Corporate Counsel
“As part of our commitment to helping credit unions succeed, we will also look beyond recovery with a vision toward the future,” Michlig added. “While our primary focus will be related to credit unions restarting their business operations, we also see opportunity for long-term strategies that will help foster growth throughout the movement."
The task force will meet on a biweekly basis to discuss strategic priorities including business continuity, digital services and automation, staffing and operations and industry financial impact.