As the Russian invasion of Ukraine continues to inflict needless suffering, death and destruction, credit unions in both conflict and non-conflict zones of the country are still striving to serve their members and communities.
On Tuesday, May 10, World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU) and the Regional Credit Union Center (RCUC) for Central and Eastern Europe will co-host a virtual event designed to share information about the realities on the ground that credit unions and their members in Ukraine are facing.
It will also focus on how World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU), Worldwide Foundation for Credit Unions and the National Association of Cooperative Savings and Credit Unions (Poland) and its credit unions, employees and members are providing humanitarian support in the short-term. We will also examine how all entities involved plan to help in the recovery and rebuilding process for Ukrainian credit unions and their members in the long-term.
This 90-minute virtual event will feature presentations from:
- Ewa Sierzysnka, Chief of Party, WOCCU/USAID Credit for Agriculture Producers’ (CAP) Project
- Andrew Price, Senior Vice President of Advocacy and General Counsel, WOCCU
- Mike Reuter, Executive Director, Worldwide Foundation for Credit Unions
- Pawel Pelc, Coordinator, Regional Credit Union Center
- Piotr Palka, Head of Compliance and Legal Counsel, NACSCU (Poland)
Tuesday, May 10, 15:00 Central European Time (8:00 a.m. US CST)