Program Specialist-Washington D.C.World Council of Credit Unions, Inc.
Position: Program Specialist
Department: Technical Services
Direct Supervisor: Program Manager
Status: Exempt Date: December 2012
Under general supervision of the Program Manager, provide support to home and field offices to ensure quality implementation of international development programs and compliance with donor requirements; participate in the development of project proposals to generate new business; and provide general administrative support to the DC office. As a team member, assist in defining, implementing, streamlining and continually improving WOCCU's program management and project development procedures, systems and processes. Utilize excellent verbal, written and analytical skills on an ongoing basis.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide general support as assigned by supervisor. Responsible for:
1 - Program Implementation Support:
Coordination, tracking, filing, formatting, editing, compliance and basic accounting
2 - Project Proposal Development:
Outlining, team coordinating, formatting, technical editing and word processing
3 - Administrative Support:
File and correspondence management, meeting logistics, and overall office support
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Implementation Support
1. Coordinate with Technical Services staff, the VP of Operations and other WOCCU departments as necessary to ensure WOCCU programs are implemented in accordance with WOCCU and donor policies.
2. Ensure that donor supported programs are meeting donor and WOCCU requirements by monitoring and tracking contract deliverables, milestones and administrative requirements. Maintain program files and ensure all files are current and include required back-up documentation as needed for the donor. Keep contact databases up to date.
3. Serve as a first point of contact for program field staff on a broad range of program support activities including but not limited to: assisting with field office program start-up and close-out activities; editing/formatting program documents in accordance with donor branding guidelines; translating as necessary; and preparing and monitoring consultant contracts.
4. Work with the communications team and Program Manager to promote the program internally and externally, including updating program websites and drafting text for promotional materials.
5. Identify priority items requiring immediate resolution and coordinate responses required, consulting with or advising management as appropriate.
6. Assist with other administrative needs needed including travel logistics, home office visits, trainings, workshops, new staff and consultant orientation, documentation preparation and other logistical needs.
7. As a part of the program implementation team, make recommendations for improving administrative systems, procedures and processes to increase efficiency and quality.
Project Proposal Development
8. As part of proposal preparation team, perform research activities and author specific sections of proposals and concept papers as needed. Responsible for the completion of all certification and provisions documents required for proposal submission.
9. For project proposals, identify minimum proposal requirements and ensure completion of the same. Coordinate individual assignments and identify timelines and track team members' responsibilities for the timely completion of tasks. Review completed tasks for quality control.
10. Review and edit completed proposals. Provide final formatting, packaging and production of proposal. Complete official submission and distribution of completed proposal documents. Respond to last minute requests as needed.
General DC Administrative Support
11. Provide administrative support to supervisor such as handling inquiries, managing correspondence, arranging meeting logistics, filing and ordering supplies.
12. Assist in the preparation of office work plans and budgets and track achievement of performance goals as established by WOCCU's annual scorecard.
13. Performs other duties requested by supervisor, such as completing expense reports and billing records for the VP, greeting and coordinating visitors on premise or attending and reporting back on meetings.
1. Bachelor's degree in international affairs or relations, economics, finance or related area of study.
2. Fluency in English.
3. Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to communicate concepts and ideas effectively and proficient grammar and punctuation.
4. Superior skills in Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
5. Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to coordinate and monitor work flows from multiple sources.
6. Strong interpersonal skills to enhance working relationships within and outside WOCCU.
7. Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently. Proven self-direction and motivation essential.
8. Demonstrated ability to work as a team player towards organizational goals.
Two years related experience working in an administrative or program coordination position to include public speaking, program tracking, report generating, external liaison and writing.
Fluency in another language, preferably French.
Interest in international development or experience in international development with donor or other development agencies providing financial, technical or developmental assistance.
Knowledge of US government and/or international donor regulations (e.g. USAID, World Bank).
Familiarity with the credit union system or microfinance.
Experience in a multi-cultural setting or living and/or working in a developing country.
Up to 30 days per year.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management deems necessary.
To be considered, forward resume and cover letter to:
Re: Program Specialist
5710 Mineral Point Road
Madison, WI 53705
Fax (608) 338-0533
World Council of Credit Unions is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.