Marketing Officer - Madison, WI
Under the general supervision of the VP Marketing & Communications, the marketing officer is responsible for developing strategy and implementing major marketing projects to 1) position World Council of Credit Unions' World Credit Union Conference as the premier international credit union event; 2) expand funding and income for World Council's foundation and educational programs; and 3) support World Council membership expansion through integrated marketing efforts.
- Act as marketing liaison for internal departments, which includes determining marketing needs, identifying appropriate strategies and vehicles, providing creative direction and liaising with designers and printers on marketing pieces (both print and electronic).
- Implement high-impact marketing strategies from concept to distribution (concept, creation, production, audience determination and distribution strategy) that support increased revenue generation and are aligned with World Council's branding guidelines and messaging.
- Analyze and conduct market research on target audiences to develop and implement marketing strategies for conferences, education programs and fundraising.
- Prioritize projects and marketing requests according to World Council's strategic growth plans. Meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Provide marketing support to achieve attendance and sponsorship goals at the World Credit Union Conference.
- Support the expansion of funding for the Worldwide Foundation for Credit Unions.
- Provide marketing support to the Global Women's Leadership Network.
- Support membership expansion efforts through integrated marketing strategies.
- Promote and represent World Council at key industry events and facilitate tradeshow booth presence.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations to support staff speeches.
- Write, edit, proofread and distribute various types of original writing to include news releases, feature articles, brochures, web text and correspondence.
- Update World Council's website and help ensure quality of information.
- Provide art direction for external graphic designers as needed.
- Meet and brief visitors on World Council activities and programs.
- Complete other marketing-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in marketing and/or communications, journalism or business. Three years of marketing/sales experience with experience in conference and/or fundraising marketing. Familiarity with customer relationship databases. Demonstrated ability to perform/analyze market research and to write concise and powerful marketing copy. Experience working and/or living in another country preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Demonstrated customer service skills.
Language Skills: Very high language skills required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Fluent in English (read, write and speak). Excellent grammar, editing and writing skills.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills required including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs also required.
Reasoning Skills: High reasoning skills required including the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Self-starter, capable of working independently. Demonstrated capabilities to plan and execute strategic marketing campaigns. Able to prioritize, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment. Flexible and able to adjust to changing circumstances.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in computer-based systems including customer relationship databases, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook). HTML experience preferred.
The environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions and working in precarious places.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear, handle, or touch objects. The employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and is occasionally required to climb. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, usually waist high. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, and distance vision along with the ability to adjust focus.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Up to 25 days per year; domestic and international.
The list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary.
To be considered, forward resume and cover letter to:
Re: Marketing Officer
5710 Mineral Point Road
Madison, WI 53705
World Council of Credit Unions is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.