WCUC Event: Ukraine's War and the Bravery of the Credit Union Movement2022-07-08
Attendees of the 2022 World Credit Union Conference in Glasgow, Scotland will have the opportunity to see a very special presentation: Ukraine's War and the Bravery of the Credit Union Movement.
On Monday, July 18 at 11:05 a.m. British Summer Time (BST), in the Solution Center theater, representatives from World Council of Credit Unions' (WOCCU) Credit for Agriculture Producers (CAP) Project and Worldwide Foundation for Credit Unions (WFCU) will share stories about the ongoing relief and recovery efforts to support Ukraine's credit union system in the face of Russia's continued invasion.
The presentation will feature updates on the:
- Overall state of Ukraine's credit unions.
- Work of the CAP Project team during the war.
- Impact and use of WFCU's Ukrainian Credit Union Displacement Fund.
- Resiliency of credit union professionals, through personal testimony from the CAP Project team and their Ukrainian colleagues.
Featured presentations will be delivered by
- Ewa Sierzynska - Chief of Party, WOCCU CAP Project
- Alisa Stetsyshyn - Consultant, WOCCU CAP & WFCU
- Mike Reuter - Executive Director, WFCU