Kenya Union of Savings & Credit Co-operatives Ltd. (KUSCCO)
George Ototo, MBS, ICUDE, is the Group Managing Director of Kenya Union of Savings & Credit Co-operatives (KUSCCO) Limited since 2010. Mr. Ototo joined the World Council (WOCCU) Board of Directors in 2016.
Mr. Ototo is an awardee of the State Commendation in the category of the “Moran of the Order of the Burning Spear (MBS)” for his development of SACCOs/Credit Unions in Kenya. He holds an MBA degree in Finance, degree in Law (LLB) and a Certified Public Accountant (CPA); and an International Credit Union Development Educator (ICUDE).
Additionally, he has been a Board Member in the following Organizations:
- World Council Credit Union (WOCCU);
- International Raiffeisen Union (IRU);
- African Confederation of Cooperative Savings & Credit Associations (ACCOSCA);
- Co-operative University of Kenya;
- Institute of Risk Management;
- Association for Kenya Credit Providers (AKCP);
- Kilele SACCO;
- Mary’s Nyamarimba Girls’ Secondary School;
- Served in the Taskforce for the Credit Union/SACCO Regulations in 2009.
Has in the past volunteered in:
- Ukraine to assist Credit Unions;
- Uganda to revive Ugandan Credit Union Federation (UCUSCU);
- Soil and forest conversation in Nyakach Sub-County.
George has published and presented papers for credit unions across the globe.